Flaming Hot Thai Steak Stir-Fry
The Thai cuisine is all about fresh ingredients and a harmonious mix of different flavors. Sweet, sour, spicy and savory all fused into one dish. And you know how we feel about good fusions. We just can’t stay away from them. So we combined the Thai cuisine with our amazing Angus Striploin Steak from Uruguay.
Noodles, vegetables, an enticing Thai sauce and a sizzling steak. Makes for a perfect combination, don’t you think?
We start off by making the sauce:
- Put the soy sauce, ginger powder, sriracha sauce, coriander powder, garlic powder and ketjap sauce into a bowl.
- Mix until you have a smooth sauce.
Now for the noodles:
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Add the noodles and boil them for about 10 minutes until they are done.
- After cooking, rinse the noodles with cold water.
Let’s prepare the vegetables:
- Chop a spring onion and a red pepper.
- Stir-fry the mixed vegetables, spring onion, red pepper and sugar snaps in a wok pan with some oil until they are al dente.
- Add the noodles and the sauce and stir-fry all of it together for another minute.
And now for the steaks:
- Blot the steaks dry.
- Place them in a hot frying pan and add some butter.
- Grill the steaks on each side for approximately 3 minutes. Let them rest for 2 minutes after they are done baking – they will taste even better!
Now it’s time to plate up this stir-fry. Put some of your noodles and vegetables into a bowl. Cut the steaks up into slices and put them on top of the noodles. Top it all off with some red pepper slices, sesame seeds, coriander leaves and some of your sauce.
Steaks (and more) from The Frozen Butcher
- 2 Frozen Butcher Striploin steaks
- 100 grams of noodles
- 400 grams of Asian style mixed vegetables
- 1 spring onion
- 1 red chili
- 100 grams of sugar snaps
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
And for the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of ketjap sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of coriander powder