Not your typical Carpaccio
Of course you can make your Carpaccio with pine nuts, salad rocket and Parmesan. We love our classics. But we also love a twist. Only when you get out of your comfort zone now and then can a new classic emerge.
So we’ve come up with a totally new recipe for our Carpaccio. And whether or not it’s a potential classic, one thing is for sure: it’s super tasty. You decide!
- Place the Carpaccio on a plate to defrost.
- Drain the capers well and place them on top of the Carpaccio
- Meanwhile, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and mix it with the baby spinach.
- Shape the spinach leaves into a mound and place on top of the carpaccio.
- Shave the Parmesan using a vegetable peeler.
- Roast the pecan nuts and set aside to cool.
- Garnish with Parmesan curls and scatter the roasted pecan nuts over the top. Buon Appetito!
Carpaccio (and more) from The Frozen Butcher
- 1 The Frozen Butcher Carpaccio (80 g)
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 25 g roasted pecan nuts
- 1 bunch of washed baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper