Mind-blowing Greek Lamb Burger
With six times more sheep than people, New Zealand knows its way with sheep. So it won’t surprise anyone that New Zealanders produce the best lamb in the world. Combined with the top-notch Greek skills of preparing lamb, and you will have a meal that will blow your mind.
Who needs a trip to Greece when you can make this burger at home in no time. Simple, but seriously delicious.
We start off by making the tzatziki:
- Cut the cucumber, chop the garlic and chop the fresh mint.
- Put all of it in a bowl with the Greek yogurt and add your lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir well until it is all thoroughly mixed.
- Place in fridge until use.
And for the burgers:
- Slice the onion and tomato.
- Grill your pita bread for 3 minutes.
- Grill the burger for 3 minutes on each side. After it’s done baking, let it rest for 2 minutes before you build your burger. It will taste even better!
Now it’s time to build the burger. Cut open the pita and add some tomato and onion. Add the burger. Put some of your tzatziki and fresh parsley leaves on top and you’re done. Enjoy!
Burgers (and more) from The Frozen Butcher
- 4 Frozen Butcher lamb burgers
- 4 pita breads
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 4 strands of fresh parsley
And for the tzatziki:
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint
- 120 milliliters of Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste